Strong for health is all about strength training and health benefits. As I mentioned before (here & here), you don’t need much time in your schedule. This workout literally took me 30 minutes plus few minutes for short warmup and stretch.
If you have a hectic weekly schedule, try to squeeze workout like this two to three times a week and witness the magic happening.
Exercise order: Sumo deadlift -> Bench press -> Body row
Weight: 60 – 80% of max RM for deadlift and bench press, bodyweight for body rows
Reps & sets: As much in 30 min
Rules: Avoid failure on every set
- Bottom position – Push your chest forward and straighten your back
- Push your knees out during movement
- Head in neutral position to your body
- Top position – lock your hips and squeeze your glutes.
- Top position – breath in, breath out while descending
- Arch your back and squeeze your glutes
- Push your heels into the floor
- Fill your lungs with air in top position
- Slowly lower the bar until it touches your lower chest
- Exhale while pushing the bar back in top position
- Push your chest forward and slightly arch your back
- Pull with your shoulder blades first, then follow up with the arms
- Pull your shoulders back and down, away from ears
- Inhale in bottom position or while pulling
- Exhale on the way down
Be sure to properly warm up before workout and to stretch afterward.
Also, have lots of fun