This is the second workout in “30 min” series also consists of three basic exercises with a goal of doing as many reps as you can in 30 minutes.
Either your goal is to build muscle or to lose fat, this is a great choice for building a strong foundation for the rest of your life.
Strenght is behind everything, all motoric abilities one way or another finde roots in strength. If you are not interested in athletic abilities and you are here just for health benefits, then you will be glad to hear that strength is positively correlated with greater bone density (preventing or slowing down osteoporosis), faster metabolism, energy production, decline of muscle loss and boosting your health in lots of different ways.
Exercise order: Military press-> Squat -> Pull up
Weight: 60 – 80% of max RM for press and squat, bodyweight for pull up
Reps & sets: As much in 30 min
Rules: Avoid failure on every set
- Activate your glutes and quads during the whole movement
- Don’t arch you lover back
- Fill your lungs with air in bottom position, then exhale while pushing barbell in top position (leave some air, don’t exhale fully)
- In top position, barbell should be above your shoulders
- Fully extend your arms and activate shoulders and shoulder blades
- Bottom position – Push your chest forward and straighten your back
- Push your knees out during movement
- Head in neutral position to your body
- “Sit” back and put weight on the back of your feet (you should feel tension in your glutes and hamstrings)
- Exhale on your way back to top position
- Bottom position – fully extend your arms
- Bottom position – Inhale and pull with your shoulder blades first
- Follow up with your arms and push your chest toward the bar
- Top position – Pull your shoulders back (away from ears) and push your chest forward.
- Slowly descend t a bottom position
Be sure to properly warm up before workout and to stretch afterward.
Also, have lots of fun